Theme 6: The digital health revolution: hype vs. reality - ECRD2020
Theme 6 examines the technological innovations underpinning disruption in medicine and science, as well as the legal, ethical and policy foundations that can frame future outcomes in this area. The theme will also look at how technology can support the social inclusion of people living with a rare disease.
Attendees should come away from this theme with a greater understanding of the role of quality data in technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and how this impacts the development of medicines and delivery of care.
The theme aims to question the value of such technological innovations, as well as to show the policy frameworks and ecosystems which patient representatives can involve themselves in, in order to bring the patient’s voice to the evolution of policy and ethics in this area.
- Julian Isla, Data and Artificial Intelligence Resource Manager, Microsoft,Chief Scientific Officer, Dravet Syndrome European Foundation, Spain
- Justina Januševičienė, Head of healthcare innovation development centre, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Lithuania
- Brian O’Connor, Chair, European Connected Health Alliance, UK/Ireland
#ECRD2020 takes place uniquely online via an interactive online platform on 14 and 15 May and it is recognised globally as the largest, patient-led rare disease event.
- Payments via Bank Transfer: 1 May 2020 (23:59 CEST)
- Payments via Credit Card, Debit Card of American Express: 10 May 2020 (23:59 CEST)